Permit Center is now OPEN to the public at City Hall.
Release Date: September 8, 2020
City Hall is now open to the public. Everyone entering the building must wear a face covering. If you are sick with a cough, fever or flu-like symptoms, please do not enter the building.
If you prefer to do business remotely, staff contact information is listed below.
PERMIT CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Permit submittal, pick up and payment information: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-755-1371
Inspections may be limited and will be done on a case-by-case basis: email@example.com 360-755-0077
Building and Floodplain Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-755-0077
Land Use Questions: email@example.com 360-755-9717
Fire Marshal Questions and Inspections: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-757-6684
This is the location of a number of key services offered by the City of Burlington including the following:
- One-stop Permit Center for all land use, construction, and infrastructure permits
- Public Information on zoning, subdivisions, environmental review, critical areas, and a variety of related topics ranging from new commercial and residential construction to neighborhood questions about fences, garages, and pets
- Long range planning including updating Burlington’s Comprehensive Plans and Capital Improvement Plan
- Special areas of emphasis include downtown planning and coordination with the Downtown Burlington Association and implementing the Community Connections Plan
- Burlington’s Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan, base flood elevation information, and coordination of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Community Rating System program for Burlington
Comprehensive Plan Update
Planning Commission - November 18, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. TELECONFERENCE MEETING: A public meeting to review materials related to the Transportation Element and preliminary changes to the Burlington Municipal Code Chapters 17.15 (R1 zones) and Chapter 17.20 (R2 zones). The materials being considered by the Planning Commission are part of the City’s ongoing comprehensive update. The City has determined that this meeting is both necessary and routine, and that the Planning Commission must continue to hold its regularly scheduled meetings in order to comply with the periodic update requirements of the Washington State Growth Management Act. No final action will be taken at this meeting.
The Burlington Planning Commission will hold a public meeting on November 18, 2020 to:
1) Continue discussion of draft Transportation Element. Action may be taken on a preliminary recommendation at this meeting.
2) Discussion of preliminary changes to the Burlington Municipal Code Chapters 17.15 (R1 zones) and Chapter 17.20 (R2 zones). This item is being presented for discussion only. No action will be taken at this meeting.
The Planning Commission meeting will take place at 5:30 P.M on November 18, 2020 and will be held remotely using phone/video conference technology. Members of the public who wish to listen to the Planning Commission meeting may do so using the following phone number 1-(774) 777-4255 and access code: 661-8325.