The City of Burlington Finance department
The Finance Department oversees financial operations of the city which include budget, accounting, vendor payment, debt and cash management, payroll, and revenue and tax collection.
Among other responsibilities, the City of Burlington Finance department:
- Prepares the city's annual budget and annual financial report
- Provides revenue / expenditure monitoring and projection, records all accounting transactions, and develops accounting procedures and reports
- Provides cash management and control, budget coordination, management of audit costs and financial oversight
- Assists in grant administration
- Acts as a liaison between city staff and the state auditor