Maiben Picnic Shelters
Subfacility of Maiben Park
- Basketball Court
- BBQ Grates ($100.00 Add-on)
- BBQ Pit
- Picnic Tables
- Play Structure
- Spray Park
- Tennis Court
- Urban Forest | Cedar Grove
Maiben Shelters - Use & Availability
Maiben picnic shelters can be reserved for use on a specific day and time. Unless reserved, the shelters are available for public use from 8 AM until sunset at no cost on a first-come first-serve basis.
Reservation Forms & Fees
Picnic Shelters can now be reserved online! To reserve a picnic shelter please visit our online catalog and click the Facility Rentals tab.
Otherwise you may reserve an available shelter by submitting a Shelter Rental Agreement and rental fee payment (plus a grate deposit if opting for the no-fee use of Maiben BBQ pit grates).
View all picnic shelter fees for rent in Burlington parks.
Maiben Park's two picnic shelters sit within easy reach of the park's spray pad and play structure.
The shelters connect to the paved patio in front of the Burlington Community|Senior Center's multi-purpose room for an 'inside and out' rental experience. The facility is ADA-accessible.
- The two shelters (East and West) are available to rent separately or together.
- Six picnic tables sit under each shelter, for a total of 12 tables when renting both east and west shelters.
- Grates for the Maiben Shelter BBQ pit are available with advance notice since they are not stored onsite. Please notify the Parks Department at the time of your reservation confirmation if grates are needed for your rental. Be sure to bring your own supply of wood and/or charcoal when using the pit.
- Personal BBQs can be brought from home and must use charcoal or propane (LPG) as fuel. BBQs in the park must be for residential or homeowner use (not commercial-size).