EmailRSSFacebookTwitterCommunity Voice
Sign into My Dashboard

Go To Search
City GovernmentDepartmentsOur CommunityI Want To
Click to Home
Claiming & Reporting Property
Claiming Your Impounded Property
Property is released only to the legal owner of the property or their designate and by appointment only. If property is being held as evidence in a criminal case, it cannot be released without a release order submitted by either the city attorney or prosecuting attorney, depending on which court is handling the case.

Found Property
Found property turned in to the Burlington Police Department is placed in a lost / found ad in the Skagit Valley Herald. After 60 days, any unclaimed property is either destroyed or auctioned pursuant to the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) Chapter 63.

Lost Property
If you have lost an item within the city limits of Burlington, you may report the lost item by calling into the dispatch center at 360-428-3211 or coming into the office. After business hours there is a phone call box outside the main doors to be used for officer contacts.

Auction Information
We are now using Property Room for all of our property auctions. Our surplus, found, unclaimed, and forfeited property auctions will be conducted on the internet. Interested persons may view the items and submit their bids by logging onto Property Room's website. Property Room currently has thousands of police departments throughout the United States that use their website for auctions. Warehouses include Seattle, Los Angeles, and New York.

Claiming Property You Turned In
If you find property and have turned it in to the Burlington Police Department and would like to claim that property if it is not claimed by the rightful owner, please request a copy of the found property law from our department or click on the link below. This will explain what must be done to claim the property and comply with the laws. Found Property Laws and Request Form

If you have any questions, please call the Burlington Police Department Property and Evidence Unit at 360-755-0921 during hours of operation.