Permit Center is OPEN, effective May 17, 2021
PERMIT CENTER CONTACT INFORMATION
Permit submittal, pick up and payment information: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-755-1371
Inspections may be limited and will be done on a case-by-case basis: email@example.com 360-755-0077
Building and Floodplain Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-755-0077
Land Use Questions: email@example.com 360-755-9717
Fire Marshal Questions and Inspections: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-757-6684
This is the location of a number of key services offered by the City of Burlington including the following:
- One-stop Permit Center for all land use, construction, and infrastructure permits
- Public Information on zoning, subdivisions, environmental review, critical areas, and a variety of related topics ranging from new commercial and residential construction to neighborhood questions about fences, garages, and pets
- Long range planning including updating Burlington’s Comprehensive Plans and Capital Improvement Plan
- Special areas of emphasis include downtown planning and coordination with the Downtown Burlington Association and implementing the Community Connections Plan
- Burlington’s Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan, base flood elevation information, and coordination of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Community Rating System program for Burlington
Comprehensive Plan Update
CANCELED - Planning Commission - August 18, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. - IN PERSON
The City of Burlington Planning Commission will hold a regularly scheduled meeting on August 18, 2021 at 5:30 PM. The meeting will be held in the Council Chamber of the Burlington City Hall located at 833 S. Spruce Street, Burlington, WA. The following items will be discussed:
- Comprehensive Plan update – Preliminary adoption of Parks and Conservation (PC) and Public Facilities and Transportation (PFT) zones. The Planning Commission may make a preliminary recommendation to the City Council on the adoption of updated PC and PFT zoning regulations.
- Comprehensive Plan Update – Discussion of potential changes to development standards, including changes to chapters 17.70 Supplemental Development Standards and 17.80 Landscaping of the Burlington Municipal Code. Discussion only. No final action will be taken on this item.
Public comments will be accepted but must be submitted by mail or email prior to the meeting. The materials being considered by the Planning Commission are part of the City’s ongoing comprehensive update. The City has determined that this meeting is both necessary and routine, and that the Planning Commission must continue to hold its regularly scheduled meetings in order to comply with the periodic update requirements of the Washington State Growth Management Act.